For more than 20 years I have been applying my expertise in driving information technology solutions to financial, educational, Internet provider, public utility, marketing, automotive and standard organizations.
- Champion for W3C Automotive Activity
- Team Contact for Automotive Web Platform Business Group and Automotive Working Group
- Work with Chairs from Inrix, Jaguar Land Rover and Mitsubishi on directing group participants and activities
- Develop liaisons with organizations interested in participating in standardization around Connected Vehicles
- Lead the Systems Team (Information Technology)
- Assess needs of W3C's Global Computing infrastructure
- Chair weekly teleconferences and semi-annual (or more)
- Intiated as Product Manager the creation of W3C Validator Suite commercial service
- Prioritize and distribute work
- Project Management
- Take charge (or make sure someone takes charge) during crises
(e.g., critical outages)
- Provide advice on technical matters
- Act as first point-of-contact for personnel issues
- Communicating with Network and System administrators at W3C's four host sites at MIT, Keio, Beihang and ERCIM.
- Exploring funding for infrastructure needs
- Perform annual staff reviews
- Strategic plans (long-term roadmap for supporting future
- Tactical plans (attacking short-term requirements and problems)
- Explore and provide funding and staff resourcing proposals
- Work to foster, as possible, the near- and long-term career
objectives of the staff
- Work as a contributing member of the W3C Management Team (W3M)
- Participate in weekly teleconferences and annual "Woods" strategic
- Represent Systems Team matters
- Take actions and participate in task forces to address broader W3C
- Provide written and oral management reports for the W3C
- Participate in Membership recruiting and retention
- Serve as primary contact person for W3C Systems Team
- Keep constituencies informed regarding service upgrades, planned
and unplanned outages
- Gather requirements
- Continue to improve user documentation
- Co-led technical staff in Chief Technical Officer capacity
after previous CTO left company
- Coded, customized and implemented
numerous web applications including corporate sites for
Fortune 500 and international firms, the Maine Judicial
Branch, and E-commerce solutions.
- Coordinated team efforts for projects,
acted as project manager. Would take projects through the
specifications, design, development, testing and deployment
- Diagnosed and resolved networking crises,
provided support and advised engineering staff of problems
- Provided consulting and mentoring in
programming and technical obstacles of coworkers.
- Screened and was involved in hiring
decisions of technical applicants.
- Responsible for company's college intern
- Analyzed data architecture of existing
legacy systems and designed enhancements or replacements.
Designed original data structures.
- Administered Oracle databases,
monitoring, tuning, backing up for and recovering from data
- Evaluated and recommended technologies
and software packages for coding platforms, server software
and application solutions.
- Ensured stability and reliability for
- Wrote numerous utilities for own and
coworker reuse, ranging from unix tools and Java objects to
Oracle SQL scripts.
- Developed CP&L corporate United Way
online system integrated with PeopleSoft
- Maintained, supported, debugged and
enhanced PeopleNet project, one of the earliest if not the
first web front ends to PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Customized document management system
software to generate print document format (PDF) files in
rewritten check-in procedure using PCDOCS DOCSOpen and Adobe Exchange APIs in
C++ language for CP&L's Nuclear sites.
- Evaluated and selected business solutions
for integration with existing software and
- Participated in intranet development
strategy with Emerging Technologies section and The Gartner
Group. Analyzed technologies and development tools for Java and intranet
- Designed and coded custom client/server reporting
application querying central database for fossil fuel
shipments, analysis, and consumption by the power plants in
North and South Carolina. Analyzed and diagnosed errors
within pre-existing database structure.
- Installed fossil fuel management system
at one of the generating facilities.
- Created ability to assign database
security roles at login from within a custom VB application
for Nuclear Personnel.
American Boarding School Placement, LTD, Oak Bluffs, MA 1994-1996
- Assisted in managerial tasks of
consulting company that offers services to international
students entering U.S. boarding schools.
- Created database for extensive list of
school administrators, current and former students, and
domestic and overseas contacts.
- Coordinated system upgrades and
cross-platform conversion of files and databases from IBM XT
and IBM 486-33 to Macintosh.
- Trained co-workers in the use of the new
system and software.
- Assisted in writing and editing of
biannual international newsletter.
Teacher/ Kitchen Manager/ Trip
- Taught mathematics and computer skills
courses to students enrolled in programs of English as a
- Supervised all aspects of kitchen for
spring and summer school programs located on Martha’s
- Planned and chaperoned 4-week historical
study/travel tour of the northeast region of U.S.
Assistant Director, English as
a Second Language Summer Program
US History Instructor, ESL
Math Tutor, Learning Skills
International Trip Leader,
Interpreter, Hebron/Tomsk, Russia Exchange
Carold Corporation, New York, NY 1986-1988
- Helped install FNMA mortgage software on
an IBM System 36 mainframe and customized the software to
suit the company's specific needs.
- Software customization included changes
to the database structure, altering screens for user input,
creating customized reports and automation of mortgage
- Installed dumb terminals, terminal
emulators on PCs, and wired office network.
- Assisted in mainframe backups and
administered print job queue.
BA, Russian Studies
© Copyright 2014 Guilds.net