For more than 20 years, I have been applying my expertise in
driving information technology solutions to: financial,
educational, Internet provider, public utility, marketing,
automotive and standards organizations.
Passionate about inter-connectivity of vehicles, IoT, Security and the Web.
Long history of strong international technical team leadership.
- Technical Lead with Chairs from Inrix, Jaguar Land Rover
and Mitsubishi, directing group participants and standards activities
- Creating visionary roadmap for Automotive activity at W3C
- Establishing technical focused task forces
- Business Development/Recruiting, Marketing and
- Forming liaisons with OEMs, Tier 1s, Trade
Associations, Security Researchers, Regulators and
Technology Providers around Connected Vehicles
- Oversee systems architecture, security, development projects,
public and internal services, infrastructure and global
operations for the organization
- Participate in the design, development of software, systems
administration and direct technical decisions
- Coordinate Network and System Administrators at W3C's four host sites at MIT, Keio, Beihang and ERCIM.
- Visionary and Product Owner/Manager for the creation of W3C Validator
Suite, W3C's only commercial service attempt
- MIT Venture Mentoring Services - startup think tank
- Solicit sponsors to offset operating costs of prominent
public services for web developers
- Organizational decisions as part of W3C Management Team
- Participate in Membership recruiting and retention
Systems Engineer (January 2000 to May 2006)
MIT Research Staff (January 2000 to present)
- Co-led technical staff in Chief Technical Officer capacity
after previous CTO left company
- Coded, customized and implemented
numerous web applications including corporate sites for
Fortune 500 and international firms, the Maine Judicial
Branch, and E-commerce solutions.
- Coordinated team efforts for projects,
acted as project manager. Would take projects through the
specifications, design, development, testing and deployment
- Diagnosed and resolved networking crises,
provided support and advised engineering staff of problems
- Provided consulting and mentoring in
programming and technical obstacles of coworkers.
- Screened and was involved in hiring
decisions of technical applicants.
- Responsible for creating and operating company's college intern
- Analyzed data architecture of existing
legacy systems and designed enhancements or replacements.
Designed original data structures.
- Administered Oracle databases,
monitoring, tuning, backing up for and recovering from data
- Evaluated and recommended technologies
and software packages for coding platforms, server software
and application solutions.
- Ensured stability and reliability for
- Wrote numerous utilities for own and
coworker reuse, ranging from unix tools and Java objects to
Oracle SQL scripts.
Analyst / Systems Analyst
- Developed CP&L corporate United Way
online system integrated with PeopleSoft
- Maintained, supported, debugged and
enhanced PeopleNet project, one of the earliest if not the
first web front ends to PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Customized document management system
software to generate print document format (PDF) files in
rewritten check-in procedure using PCDOCS DOCSOpen and Adobe Exchange APIs in
C++ language for CP&L's Nuclear sites.
- Evaluated and selected business solutions
for integration with existing software and
- Participated in intranet development
strategy with Emerging Technologies section and The Gartner
Group. Analyzed technologies and development tools for Java and intranet
- Designed and coded custom client/server reporting
application querying central database for fossil fuel
shipments, analysis, and consumption by the power plants in
North and South Carolina. Analyzed and diagnosed errors
within pre-existing database structure.
- Installed fossil fuel management system
at one of the generating facilities.
- Created ability to assign database
security roles at login from within a custom VB application
for Nuclear Personnel.
American Boarding School Placement, LTD, Oak Bluffs, MA 1994-1996
Consultant / Mathematics Teacher
- Assisted in managerial tasks of
consulting company that offers services to international
students entering U.S. boarding schools.
- Created database for extensive list of
school administrators, current and former students, and
domestic and overseas contacts.
- Coordinated system upgrades and
cross-platform conversion of files and databases from IBM XT
and IBM 486-33 to Macintosh.
- Trained co-workers in the use of the new
system and software.
- Assisted in writing, editing and publishing of
biannual international newsletter.
- Taught Mathematics
- Taught computer skills
- Assistant Director, English as
a Second Language Summer Program
- US History Instructor, ESL
- Math Tutor, Learning Skills
- Activities Leader,
- International Trip Leader,
Interpreter, Hebron/Tomsk, Russia Exchange
Carold Corporation, New York, NY 1986-1988
- Helped install FNMA mortgage software on
an IBM System 36 mainframe and customized the software to
suit the company's specific needs.
- Software customization included changes
to the database structure, altering screens for user input,
creating customized reports and automation of mortgage
- Installed dumb terminals, terminal
emulators on PCs, and wired office network.
- Assisted in mainframe backups and
administered print job queue.
BA, Russian Studies
© Copyright 2017 Guilds.net